Japan to let startups raise VC funding via digital assets: Nikkei
According to a Nikkei report, the plan from the Japanese government is expected to be submitted to parliament as early as next year....
- Japan is planning to allow startups to raise funding from venture capital firms through the sale of digital assets.
- The proposed regulation would include digital assets as investment options for VC firms targeting emerging crypto startups.
- This move aims to promote further investment into startups and other sectors of Japan's economy.
- The average funding size for venture capital in Japan has increased significantly in recent years.
- Japan has a mature and tougher regulatory market for crypto compared to other Asian countries.
The sentiment of the article is generally positive. It highlights Japan's efforts to promote investment in startups and expand the options for venture capital firms. The increase in average funding size also indicates a positive trend in the venture capital landscape in Japan.