Three defendants reach tentative settlements in FTX class action suit
In addition, the counsel for the class action are “engaged in ongoing confidential, settlement discussions with additional FTX defendants.”...
- Jacksonville Jaguars quarterback Trevor Lawrence, along with YouTube influencers Keven Paffrath and Tom Nash, have reached proposed settlements in the FTX class-action lawsuit.
- No details or settlement terms were disclosed in the filing.
- The counsel for the class action is engaged in ongoing confidential settlement discussions with additional FTX defendants.
- Mediation dates are set for October and November, and lawyers plan to file Motions to Dismiss soon.
- Ben Armstrong, who was accused of harassing attorneys involved in the suit, has been voluntarily dismissed.
- If the settlements move forward, the counsel plans to submit a filing on January 5 seeking to schedule a Motion for Preliminary Approval.
- Other celebrities, including Tom Brady, Shaquille O’Neal, Gisele Bundchen, and Larry David, were named in class action suits related to the collapse of FTX.
- A class action suit was also filed against Steph Curry and the NBA’s Golden State Warriors in July.
- The settlement filings come just weeks before FTX’s former CEO Sam Bankman-Fried is set to stand trial on October 3.
- Bankman-Fried has pleaded not guilty to seven fraud and conspiracy charges.
The sentiment of the article is neutral, as it mainly reports on the developments and actions related to the FTX class-action lawsuit without expressing a positive or negative opinion.