Actually, the SEC isn’t done delaying bitcoin ETF proposals today
The SEC dropped a filing delaying a decision on Franklin’s bitcoin ETF proposal late Friday...
- The Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) has delayed a decision on the Franklin bitcoin ETF's proposed rule change.
- The proposed ETF would be part of the Franklin Templeton Digital Holdings Trust.
- The SEC filing, dated November 15, was published late on Friday.
- The SEC had until Friday to delay or make a decision on the application, and a delay was expected.
- The new deadline for the decision is January 1, 2024.
- The SEC has also delayed decisions on other ETF proposals, including Grayscale's spot ethereum ETF and Hashdex's ethereum ETF.
- BlackRock has filed for a spot ether ETF, indicating its interest in the race for an ether ETF.
The sentiment of the article is neutral. It provides factual information about the SEC's delay in making a decision on the Franklin bitcoin ETF proposal and mentions other related ETF proposals.