Political donations aplenty: Event recap for North American Blockchain Summit
Shifting its location to Fort Worth, the North American Blockchain Summit allowed many candidates for office to fundraise among a crypto-friendly crowd in 2023....
- The North American Blockchain Summit (NABS) took place in Fort Worth, Texas from Nov. 15-17, 2023.
- The event attracted crypto and blockchain enthusiasts, as well as politicians and industry leaders.
- Headliners included Republican presidential candidate Vivek Ramaswamy, Independent presidential candidate Robert F. Kennedy, Jr., and lawmakers Cynthia Lummis and Ted Cruz.
- The event had a patriotic theme, with the U.S. national anthem playing and exclusive fundraisers for donations.
- The Texas Blockchain Council, one of the main organizers, had not hosted the event prior to a major U.S. election in previous years.
- QR codes linked to campaign websites and calls to donate to crypto-friendly politicians were present at the event.
- RFK Jr. emphasized taking personal finances out of centralized control and discussed Congress' handling of assets like stocks and crypto.
- RFK Jr. had support from crypto users due to his views on financial freedom and reports of gifting Bitcoin to his children.
- The NABS conference took place ahead of the upcoming U.S. elections, which could impact digital asset legislation.
The article provides information about the North American Blockchain Summit (NABS) and its focus on crypto and blockchain, with a patriotic theme. It highlights the presence of politicians and industry leaders, including presidential candidates. The sentiment is generally positive, with an emphasis on the potential impact of the event and upcoming elections on digital asset legislation.