DOJ to announce ‘significant’ crypto enforcements alongside CFTC, Treasury
Attorney General Merrick Garland, Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen, Deputy Attorney General Lisa Monaco and CFTC Chair Rostin Behnam are all expected to speak....
- The Department of Justice (DOJ) will announce "significant cryptocurrency enforcement actions" during a press conference.
- Attorney General Merrick Garland, Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen, Deputy Attorney General Lisa Monaco, and CFTC Chair Rostin Behnam will speak at the conference.
- The enforcement actions will be separate but related to cryptocurrency.
- The specific details of the enforcement actions are unclear.
- The DOJ has been investigating Binance and a multibillion-dollar settlement may be reached.
- The press conference may also be related to the seizure of $9 million of Tether from a scam operation.
- Tether froze $225 million in USDT after collaborating with a DOJ investigation.
- The SEC filed a suit against Kraken's parent companies for commingling customer funds and failing to register as an exchange.
- No high-ranking official from the SEC will be present at the press conference.
The sentiment of the article is neutral, providing information about upcoming cryptocurrency enforcement actions and related events.