Crypto hiring: Woes for Binance, Binance.US continue
Binance is allegedly hemorrhaging high level employees quickly, causing speculation about the future of the world’s largest crypto exchange....
- Binance.US CEO Brian Shroder has left the company along with a third of the employees who were laid off simultaneously.
- Shroder's departure comes after the US Securities and Exchange Commission charged Binance, BAM Trading, and Binance.US with mishandling customer funds and failing to register as securities dealers.
- Binance CEO Changpeng Zhao claims that Shroder is simply taking a break and that Norman Reed, a former SEC, New York Fed, Ripple, and DTCC executive, will replace him.
- The Wall Street Journal reported the exits of Krishna Juvvadi, the head of legal at Binance.US, and Sidney Majalya, the chief risk officer, in addition to Shroder's departure.
- Binance has been experiencing a series of executive departures in recent weeks.
The article highlights the departure of Binance.US CEO Brian Shroder and the speculation surrounding the future of Binance. The sentiment is negative due to the ongoing regulatory issues and the series of executive departures.