Crypto ATM firm Bitcoin Depot will go public on Nasdaq starting July 3
On June 30, fintech firm GSR II Meteora Acquisition Corporation closed on a special purpose acquisition company deal allowing Bitcoin Depot to go public in July....
- Bitcoin Depot, a major cryptocurrency ATM firm in the United States, has announced a merger deal that will allow the company to go public.
- The merger, costing $885 million, was approved by stockholders of fintech firm GSR II Meteora Acquisition Corporation.
- The deal is expected to provide investors with exposure to Bitcoin Depot on the Nasdaq starting July 3.
- The merger aims to support growth opportunities and promote the adoption of Bitcoin in North America.
- Bitcoin Depot can be found under the ticker symbols BTM and BTMWW for its common stock and public warrants, respectively.
- The announcement comes amidst regulatory scrutiny of crypto firms in the U.S., with lawsuits filed against exchanges Binance and Coinbase.
- Investment vehicles with exposure to crypto are on the rise, with BlackRock filing an application for a spot Bitcoin exchange-traded fund.
- Bitcoin Depot, founded in 2016, is one of the largest crypto ATM firms in North America, with over 9,130 locations.
- Bitcoin of America, a fellow ATM provider, recently announced the closure of operations in Connecticut due to licensing issues.
The overall sentiment of the article is positive, highlighting the merger deal allowing Bitcoin Depot to go public and the potential growth opportunities for the company and the adoption of Bitcoin in North America. However, it also mentions regulatory scrutiny and licensing issues faced by other crypto firms.