Bullish buys CoinDesk from DCG
Bullish plans to leave the current management team in place, and will “inject capital” into some of CoinDesk’s “growth initiatives."...
- Bullish, a crypto exchange, has acquired CoinDesk from the Digital Currency Group in an undisclosed all-cash deal.
- The current management team of CoinDesk will remain in place, and an independent Editorial Committee will be created to ensure journalistic independence.
- Bullish plans to inject capital into CoinDesk's growth initiatives and support its commitment to journalistic independence.
- Bullish is a subsidiary of Block.one, which raised $4 billion in a 2018 initial coin offering and developed the EOS blockchain.
- CoinDesk was previously acquired by the Digital Currency Group in 2016 for approximately $500,000.
The sentiment of the article is positive, as it highlights Bullish's acquisition of CoinDesk and their plans to support its growth initiatives and journalistic independence.