Blockchain Association files support in suit to lift Tornado Cash sanctions
Crypto advocacy group the Blockchain Association again filed an amicus brief supporting a suit by six Tornado Cash users looking to overturn OFAC’s sanction of the crypto mixer....
- The Blockchain Association is supporting six plaintiffs in a lawsuit against the United States Treasury Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) over its sanctions on the crypto mixer Tornado Cash.
- The association argues that OFAC's decision to sanction Tornado Cash was unlawful, exceeded its authority, and was arbitrary and capricious.
- They believe that OFAC should focus on sanctioning bad actors instead of banning tools like Tornado Cash.
- The Blockchain Association suggests that OFAC should seek approval from Congress to ban crypto mixers.
- Tornado Cash is a decentralized tool with no owner or operator, according to the association.
- OFAC sanctioned Tornado Cash in August 2022, alleging that it was used for money laundering.
The sentiment of the article is negative towards OFAC's decision to sanction Tornado Cash and supports the arguments made by the Blockchain Association.