Bittrex Global won’t let users withdraw in USD as it winds down
The exchange said all trading activity will be “disabled” as of Dec. 4...
- Bittrex Global is winding down its global operations and will disable all trading activity on December 4th.
- Customers will only be able to withdraw assets as part of the winding down process.
- The exchange will not pay out in US dollars and instructs customers to convert to crypto or euros before withdrawing.
- Making a deposit is not advised as funds may be permanently lost.
- Bittrex's US arm agreed to pay $24 million to the SEC as part of a settlement, while Bittrex Global did not pay anything.
- The SEC charged Bittrex for operating as an unregistered broker, exchange, and clearing agency.
- Bittrex Global CEO stated that Bittrex US and Bittrex Global are separate companies.
- Bittrex US filed for bankruptcy but has since had its bankruptcy plan cleared by the court.
Go to publisher site
The article does not provide enough information to determine the sentiment.