Bittrex Global announces all trading will be disabled as it winds down operations
Users of Bittrex Global will have until Dec. 4 to convert all U.S. dollar holdings and complete trading before only withdrawals are allowed on the platform....
- Bittrex Global, a cryptocurrency exchange based in Liechtenstein, plans to wind down operations.
- Trading activity will be suspended on December 4, and users with USD holdings must convert them to Euros or cryptocurrency before that date.
- Certain withdrawals will still be allowed after December 4.
- Bittrex's US-based arm previously announced plans to wind down operations due to regulatory uncertainty and faced charges from the SEC.
- Bittrex filed for Chapter 11 protection and settled with the SEC for $24 million in penalties and interest.
- The SEC also charged Bittrex Global in connection with its operation of a shared order book.
Go to publisher site
The article does not provide enough information to determine the sentiment.