Bitcoin Miner Returns 19.8 BTC in Fees After Paxos Claims Payment Mistake
A cryptocurrency mining pool, F2Pool, has returned the mistakenly transferred transaction fee of 19.8 BTC made by Paxos, a financial infrastructure firm....
- F2Pool, a cryptocurrency mining pool, has returned a mistakenly transferred transaction fee of 19.8 BTC made by Paxos, a Financial infrastructure firm.
- The transaction fee of $510,000 was paid to a miner for a transaction worth $2,000, causing debate in the crypto community.
- Initially, it was suspected to be a well-experienced Bitcoin user, but Paxos took responsibility for the error.
- Paxos assures its users that their funds are safe and only the company's funds were affected.
- There was a disagreement between F2Pool and Paxos over the refund, leading to a poll among the crypto community.
- The majority opinion is to distribute the funds among the miners, but some suggest returning it to Paxos or freezing the fee.
The sentiment of the article is mostly neutral, with discussions and debates among the crypto community regarding the mistakenly transferred transaction fee.