Blackrock CEO Warns More Bank Seizures and Shutdowns Could Result From Regulatory Changes – Economics Bitcoin News
18 Mar 2023 10:30 PM
Blackrock's CEO has warned of more bank seizures and shutdowns that could result from regulatory changes in the U.S....
- Blackrock CEO Larry Fink warns of additional bank seizures and shutdowns due to regulatory changes in response to recent bank failures in the US.
- Fink predicts that some banks will need to pull back on lending to shore up their balance sheets and that stricter capital standards for banks are likely.
- Recent bank failures include Silicon Valley Bank, Signature Bank, and Silvergate Bank.
- Fink warns of potential liquidity mismatches for asset owners with leveraged portfolios and emphasizes the importance of capital markets in the longer term.
- Fink cautions that with higher interest rates, governments cannot sustain recent levels of fiscal spending and the deficits of previous decades.
Go to publisher site
The article has a negative sentiment as it discusses potential bank seizures and shutdowns, liquidity mismatches, and the limited tools available to policymakers and regulators to address the current crisis.
What is Larry Fink's view on the US economy and recent bank failures?
What are some of the recent bank failures mentioned in the article?
What does Fink predict will happen to banks in response to regulatory changes?
What is the potential risk for asset owners with leveraged portfolios?
What does Fink caution about with higher interest rates and government spending?
Blackrock bank failures
Blackrock CEO Larry Fink
Blackrock economic outlook
Blackrock failed banks