Binance, regulators near multibillion-dollar criminal settlement
If a deal is reached, Binance would be able to continue operating...
- Binance is in talks with US regulators to settle criminal charges and related investigations.
- The US Department of Justice could collect over $4 billion from the settlement agreement.
- The proposed deal would allow Binance to continue operating and give law enforcement access to its database.
- The settlement is being led by the DOJ's money laundering and asset recovery team.
- Binance has been under investigation by the DOJ for years and faces scrutiny for alleged sanctions evasions and offering unregistered securities.
- The price of Binance's token (BNB) rose nearly 7% after the news.
Go to publisher site
The sentiment of the article is negative, as it discusses Binance's ongoing legal issues and investigations.
You May Ask
What is Binance in talks with US regulators for?How much could the US Department of Justice collect from the settlement agreement?What would the proposed deal between DOJ and Binance allow?Who is leading the settlement between DOJ and Binance?Why did the price of Binance's token rise after the news?