Court unseals indictments against Binance and CZ, detailing expected guilty pleas
The U.S. government and lawyers representing Binance and Changpeng Zhao agreed to keep indictments under seal due to the potential impact on the crypto markets....
- Indictments against Binance and CEO CZ have been released by a federal court.
- The U.S. government expects Binance and CZ to enter guilty pleas.
- CZ is charged with one felony count for failure to maintain an effective anti-money laundering program.
- Plea hearings and possible detention discussions have taken place.
- A settlement for criminal and civil cases is expected to be announced, with CZ pleading guilty and Binance paying over $4 billion.
- The announcement may not include Binance's pending civil case with the SEC.
The sentiment of the article is negative, as it discusses legal issues and potential guilty pleas for Binance and CZ.