Binance $3.9B USDT move gains community attention amid DoJ settlement claims
Community members on X inquired about where the money came from and raised questions on its connection to the fines reportedly set by the Justice Department. ...
- Crypto community members are focusing on a $3.9 billion Tether (USDT) transaction between Binance wallets.
- Reports suggest that the United States Justice Department is negotiating a $4 billion settlement with Binance.
- The Justice Department agreement would allow Binance to operate in the U.S. while complying with its laws.
- On November 9, Binance transferred 3.9 billion USDT from its Tron wallet to another wallet, leaving around $3.6 billion.
- Speculation arose about the source of the funds and whether it was related to the potential settlement.
- Binance has not responded to inquiries from Cointelegraph.
Go to publisher site
You May Ask
What is the focus of the crypto community regarding a transaction between Binance wallets?What is the reported settlement amount being negotiated between Binance and the U.S. Justice Department?How much USDT was transferred from Binance's Tron wallet, and how much was left in the receiving wallet?What are some of the questions and speculations raised by Twitter users regarding the $3.9 billion transfer?Has Binance provided any response to inquiries about the transaction?