505 of 700 OpenAI Employees Demand Board Resign Following Sam Altman Firing, Threaten to Walk
505 OpenAI employees have signed a letter demanding the board of directors at the artificial intelligence company step down following the sudden ousting 505 of 700 OpenAI Employees Demand Board Resign Following Sam Altman Firing, Threaten to Walk...
- 505 OpenAI employees have signed a letter demanding the board of directors step down following the ousting of co-founder Sam Altman.
- The employees threaten to leave their positions for a new Microsoft AI subsidiary led by Altman and Greg Brockman.
- Microsoft CEO, Satya Nadella, confirms hiring Altman and Brockman to lead a new advanced AI research team.
- The employees state that they will take action unless all current board members resign and reinstate Altman and Brockman.
- Altman was fired due to alleged lack of consistent communication, leading to the board losing confidence in his leadership.
- Brockman, who was serving as president of OpenAI, quit following the news.
- Emmett Shear, co-founder of Twitch, will serve as interim CEO.
- Microsoft will continue collaboration with OpenAI and Altman/Brockman.
The sentiment in the article seems negative, as it highlights the demand for the board's resignation and the dissatisfaction of employees with the current leadership. However, there is also a positive sentiment towards Altman and Brockman, as they are being hired by Microsoft to lead a new AI research team.