New All-Time High but for Coinbase's BASE: What You Need to Know
The total number of daily transactions on Base has recently spiked above 1.8 million....
- The Ethereum layer-2 solution developed by Coinbase, called Base, has experienced a significant increase in daily transactions, surpassing 1.8 million.
- The surge in usage can be attributed to the social decentralized application FriendTech, which is built on Base.
- Base has attracted almost $380 million in total assets locked and has a trading volume of over $20 million in the past week.
- However, Base has faced security issues, with four attacks occurring last month, resulting in a loss of approximately $6.4 million.
- Despite previous criticism, FriendTech has seen a rebound in trading volume, reaching over $18.5 million on September 13.
The article highlights both positive and negative aspects of Base and FriendTech. The increase in daily transactions and trading volume is seen as a positive development, but the security issues and previous criticism of FriendTech are negative factors.