Microstrategy Expands Bitcoin Position With $347 Million Investment, Pushing Total Holdings to 152,333 BTC – Featured Bitcoin News
Microstrategy has purchased 12,333 more bitcoin for about $347 million, growing its cryptocurrency holdings to 152,333 BTC....
- Microstrategy has purchased an additional 12,333 bitcoin for about $347 million, increasing its total holdings to 152,333 BTC.
- The acquisition was made between April 29 and June 27, with an average price of $28,136 per bitcoin.
- The announcement was made by Microstrategy's co-founder and executive chairman, Michael Saylor, who is a vocal supporter of bitcoin.
- The purchase comes amidst positive developments in the crypto industry, including Blackrock's filing to launch a bitcoin trust and the launch of a cryptocurrency exchange by prominent financial institutions.
- The filings by major companies have sparked optimism that the SEC will approve a spot bitcoin ETF in the near future.
The overall sentiment of the article is positive, highlighting Microstrategy's expansion of its bitcoin holdings and the positive developments in the crypto industry.