Mastercard Building Ethereum-Based Blockchain App Store for Regulated Financial Apps
Credit card giant Mastercard is venturing further into the crypto and blockchain space. Its latest offering will be a blockchain-based marketplace for financial applications....
- Mastercard is launching a blockchain-based marketplace for financial applications called the "Multi Token Network" (MTN).
- The MTN will provide developers with tools to build regulated financial applications using a private version of the Ethereum blockchain.
- Mastercard's executive vice president and head of crypto and blockchain, Raj Dhamodharan, sees the underlying technology of crypto as useful and believes in supporting the wider digital asset industry.
- The company has previously ventured into the digital asset sector with NFTs, crypto-linked cards, and developer tools.
- MTN will be available in additional markets worldwide in the future.
The article portrays Mastercard's venture into the crypto and blockchain space as a positive and progressive move. The company is committed to supporting the digital asset industry and believes in the usefulness of blockchain technology.