6 Questions for Alex O’Donnell about the future of DeFi
Alex O'Donnell spoke to us about his career as a financial journalist — and how it led to his involvement in crypto and Umami DAO....
- Umami Labs CEO, Alex O'Donnell, grew up in Philadelphia and studied literature and economics at Temple University.
- He worked as a financial journalist at Reuters for seven years, specializing in M&As and IPOs.
- O'Donnell became disenchanted with the mainstream media during the Covid-19 pandemic and started paying more attention to issues like privacy and censorship.
- His interest in decentralized platforms and decentralized finance (DeFi) grew, leading him to invest in different crypto protocols as a retail investor in 2021.
- O'Donnell got involved with ZeroTwOhm, a small DeFi community, and eventually took on the responsibility of leading the project.
- He identified a need for a secure and reliable way to earn interest on stablecoins, leading him to develop a product at Umami Labs.
The sentiment in the article is mostly neutral, with O'Donnell expressing his disillusionment with the mainstream media and his growing interest in decentralized platforms and cryptocurrency.