Best Universities for Blockchain 2022: Boston University
A blockchain project to support African farmers is one of the highlights of the blockchain research projects at the No. 49-ranked school. This story is part of CoinDesk's Education Week....
- Boston University, ranked No. 49, offers ample opportunities for students to study and learn about blockchain.
- The university offers 12 blockchain-related courses, including Blockchain and Social Impact and Crypto for Data Science.
- At the graduate level, there are master's programs in mathematical finance and financial technology, and computer science with a specialization in cybersecurity.
- Two graduate certificate programs in financial technology and advanced financial technology are also available.
- Student interest in blockchain has led to the formation of three student clubs: Cryptocurrency Club, Fintech Club, and BU Bitcoin Club.
- The university supports the Digital Business Institute for research in digital supply chains, operations, and fintech.
- Boston University has partnered with the Global Development Policy Center, the Rafik B. Hariri Institute, Hello Tractor (agricultural tech company), and the Algorand Foundation to develop a blockchain application to support farmers in Africa.
The article highlights the various opportunities and initiatives related to blockchain education at Boston University, indicating a positive sentiment towards the university's efforts in this field.