A Step-by-Step Guide to Going Private
From using bitcoin and monero to updating your computer's operating system, Seth for Privacy presents 10 security tips for CoinDesk's "Privacy Week."...
- The article discusses the importance of personal privacy and provides guidance on where to start.
- It suggests building a threat model by considering what data to protect, who to protect it from, and the level of effort one is willing to put in.
- The article emphasizes the importance of having a supportive community and recommends resources like Techlore's Discord server, the "Opt Out" podcast, and "TheNewOil" blog.
- It suggests using privacy-preserving browsers and browser extensions to decrease data collection by third parties.
- The article highlights the significance of securing passwords with a password manager to reduce data leaks and hacks.
- It recommends migrating to a privacy-preserving email provider to protect communication and prevent invasive companies from accessing personal data.
- Lastly, it suggests using privacy-preserving search engines, even though they may not be as fast or comprehensive as Google.
The article provides helpful guidance and resources for individuals looking to enhance their personal privacy. It emphasizes the importance of community support and highlights various tools and practices to protect personal data. The overall sentiment is positive and informative.