US Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen on Inflation Battle
A look at what U.S. Treasury Secretary Dr. Janet Yellen said about the ongoing battle against inflation and the state of the U.S. economy during an interview on 20 November 2023 with CNBC's Andrew Ross Sorkin....
- U.S. Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen appeared on CNBC's "Squawk Box" to discuss economic issues.
- Topics covered include the recent meeting between President Biden and Chinese President Xi Jinping, the state of the U.S. economy, the battle against inflation, and geopolitical concerns.
- Yellen has a distinguished career in economics and is the first woman to serve as the U.S. Secretary of the Treasury.
- She acknowledged progress in bringing down inflation but noted higher prices in essential areas.
- Yellen emphasized the need to effectively communicate the administration's efforts to improve the economy.
- The administration has made investments in various sectors, aiming to create good jobs and improve economic prospects.
- Yellen discussed the importance of aid packages for Ukraine and Israel, linking them to national security.
The overall tone of the article is informative and highlights Yellen's expertise and insights on various economic issues. There is a mix of positive and neutral sentiment regarding progress in inflation, economic prospects, and aid packages, while also acknowledging challenges and public perception.