Bitstamp Raises Interest Rates for Crypto Lenders, $XRP Included
The world’s “longest-running crypto exchange” Bitstamp announced a hike in interest rates for users lending out certain digital assets on its platform for 30 days, with $XRP lenders standing to gain among a number of other major digital assets....
- Bitstamp, the world's "longest-running crypto exchange," has announced an increase in interest rates for users lending out certain digital assets on its platform for 30 days.
- XRP lenders can earn up to 2.5% in rewards, while USDT lenders can earn a 6% yield on their assets.
- Other cryptocurrencies like ETH, LTC, and BCH offer returns ranging between 3% and 5%.
- Bitstamp's lending services are not available for clients from the United States, United Kingdom, Singapore, Japan, and Canada.
- The lending arm of Bitstamp operates separately from its core trading platform and has collaborated with Tesseract, a regulated digital asset lending company.
- Bitstamp previously started supporting EUR-backed IOUs on the XRP Ledger, allowing customers to make secure and cost-effective transactions in fiat currency.
The article highlights positive news about Bitstamp's increased interest rates for lending digital assets, offering opportunities for users to earn rewards. The collaboration with Tesseract and the support for EUR-backed IOUs on the XRP Ledger also contribute to a positive sentiment.