$500 Billion Investment Banking Titan Nomura Launches Bitcoin Adoption Fund for Institutional Investors
Japan’s largest investment bank Nomura, with a portfolio of over $500 billion in assets under management, has marked another strategic move into the digital asset market through its digital subsidiary Laser Digital Asset Management, which announced the launch of a Bitcoin Adoption Fund for institutional investors....
- Japan's largest investment bank, Nomura, has launched a Bitcoin Adoption Fund for institutional investors through its digital subsidiary, Laser Digital Asset Management.
- The fund offers direct exposure to BTC and is the first in a range of cryptocurrency investment solutions planned by Nomura.
- The fund is part of the Laser Digital Funds Segregated Portfolio Company and has chosen Komainu as its regulated custody partner.
- Nomura's digital asset-focused venture capital division was established in September 2022, and Laser Digital obtained the Virtual Asset Regulatory Authority (VARA) license in August 2023.
- Major financial powerhouses, including BlackRock, Fidelity, JP Morgan, and Goldman Sachs, are actively working to provide access to Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies.
The article highlights Nomura's strategic move into the digital asset market with the launch of a Bitcoin Adoption Fund. The sentiment is positive, emphasizing the potential for long-term exposure to Bitcoin and the involvement of major financial institutions in the cryptocurrency space.