Kraken Co-Founder Slams US SEC, Says the 'Top Decel' Is Back With Another Assault
Powell urged crypto firms that cannot afford such issues with the SEC to exit the "US warzone."...
- Jesse Powell, co-founder of Kraken, criticized the SEC for suing the cryptocurrency exchange.
- The SEC accused Kraken of violating securities laws and commingling users' funds with corporate assets.
- Kraken is accused of operating an unregistered securities exchange, broker, dealer, and clearing agency.
- The SEC claims Kraken facilitated the trading of crypto asset securities and made significant profits.
- Kraken disputes the SEC's claims and intends to defend itself.
- Powell believes the SEC is extorting Kraken again after a previous settlement.
- Powell urged crypto firms unable to handle SEC issues to leave the US market.
- Kraken is facing similar charges as Binance and Coinbase.
Go to publisher site
The sentiment in the article is negative towards the SEC's actions and its impact on Kraken and other crypto firms.