Kraken Co-Founder Jesse Powell Slams SEC
Jesse Powell, co-founder of Kraken, has accused the US SEC of violating the cryptocurrency exchange's regulations and has vowed to retaliate. Kraken...
- Jesse Powell, co-founder of Kraken, accuses the US SEC of violating the cryptocurrency exchange's regulations and vows to retaliate.
- Powell responds angrily to the lawsuit filed by the SEC against Kraken, calling SEC chairman Gary Gensler a "masochist" and accusing the SEC of hindering technological progress.
- Powell believes that a previous $30 million settlement with the SEC resolved all concerns, but the SEC continues to pursue Kraken.
- Kraken rejects the SEC's allegations of being an unregistered national securities exchange, merchant, and clearing house and is preparing a strong defense.
- Powell criticizes the SEC's actions as capricious and arbitrary, and highlights the hypocrisy of the regulator.
- Powell intends to defeat the SEC in the current confrontation.
The sentiment in the article is negative, as Jesse Powell expresses anger towards the SEC and criticizes its actions.