Javier Milei Emerges Victorious in Argentina Presidential Race
With all votes tallied, Milei received more than 55% of votes in the run-off presidential election. The BTC friendly beat out Sergio Massa. Javier Milei...
- Javier Milei, a Bitcoin supporter, won the Argentine presidential run-off election with over 55% of the votes.
- Sergio Massa, the opponent and the nation's economy minister, congratulated Milei on his victory.
- Milei will assume office on December 10.
- Argentina is facing an enduring inflation crisis, with an annual inflation rate of over 140%.
- Milei has criticized the country's central bank and described Bitcoin as a way to return money to the private sector.
- Massa, on the other hand, plans to introduce a central bank digital currency (CBDC) to address the inflation crisis.
The article provides a neutral tone, presenting the facts and statements from both candidates without expressing a clear opinion.