Japan's Osaka Digital Exchange to kick off security token trading with Ichigo's real estate assets
Osaka Digital Exchange (ODX) readies "START" for security token trading in Japan post-regulatory nod....
- Osaka Digital Exchange (ODX) will launch its Proprietary Trading System (PTS) "START" for security tokens on December 25, following approval from Japan's Financial Service Agency (FSA).
- ODX aims to bring more liquidity and funding opportunities to securities token operations in the region, with the goal of competing against the Tokyo Stock Exchange.
- Ichigo, a real estate company, will be the first client of ODX's START platform, issuing a new token to provide real estate investment opportunities for individuals.
- Ichigo plans to sell about $20 million worth of securities backed by property investments, with trading set to begin on December 25.
- The real estate-backed security assets will be released on Progmat, a Japan-regulated digital asset platform established by Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG) and other Japanese banks.
The overall sentiment of the article is positive, as it highlights the upcoming launch of ODX's trading system for security tokens and the partnership with Ichigo to provide real estate investment opportunities.