Interim OpenAI CEO Emmett Shear announces investigation as staff revolts against board
OpenAI new CEO Emmett Shear wants to investigate the happenings that led to the removal of former CEO Sam Altman....
- Emmett Shear, the new CEO of OpenAI, has outlined a 30-day plan to investigate the reasons behind the removal of former CEO Sam Altman.
- Shear aims to restructure the management team and engage with relevant stakeholders based on the findings.
- Speculations that Altman was removed due to safety concerns were dismissed by Shear, who stated that the board's reasoning was different.
- Over 70% of OpenAI's workforce, including high-ranking executives, demanded the resignation of the board, citing concerns about their handling of Altman's removal and Greg Brockman's departure.
- Ilya Sutskever, an OpenAI co-founder, endorsed the staff's letter and expressed regret for his involvement in the board's actions.
The article highlights a situation of turmoil and dissatisfaction within OpenAI, with the removal of the former CEO and demands for the resignation of the board. The sentiment is negative, reflecting the concerns and criticisms expressed by the staff members.