Institutional Adoption: 64% of Investors to Increase Their Crypto Allocations in 3 Years
Coinbase noticed improved sentiment from last year’s survey, as investors said they expect the prices of crypto assets to rise in 2024....
- Coinbase conducted a survey and found that institutional investors expect the prices of crypto assets to rise in 2024.
- Despite unfavorable economic conditions and the bear market, institutional cryptocurrency adoption is increasing.
- 64% of institutional investors currently investing in crypto plan to increase their allocations for digital assets in the next three years.
- 33% of respondents increased their crypto allocations in the past 12 months, 17% decreased, and 50% remained unchanged.
- 45% of institutions not invested in crypto are likely to venture into the sector in the next three years.
- More investors expect crypto asset prices to rise in 2024 compared to the previous year's survey.
- Majority of investors see blockchain as a faster and more secure payment method and believe it will eventually replace conventional trade-settlement systems.
- Lack of clear crypto regulations in the U.S. is seen as a hindrance to the country's positioning as a leader in financial services.
- Progress in relations and real-world crypto applications are expected to drive industry growth.
- Crypto ranks third among asset classes evaluated for attractive risk-adjusted returns in the next three years, after private equity and U.S. equities.
The sentiment in the article is generally positive. Investors express optimism and strong sentiment about crypto's role in the future of financial settlements. They expect crypto asset prices to rise in 2024 and believe in the potential of blockchain technology. However, the lack of clear crypto regulations in the U.S. is seen as a hindrance.