Ethereum Goerli Testnet Just Replaced by Holesky: What You Need to Know
Ethereum Goerli, longest-running active Ethereum (ETH) testnet, was just sunset by its team, here's what's next...
- Ethereum's Goerli testnet has been sunsetted and replaced by Holesky, the first proof-of-stake (PoS) testnet.
- Holesky aims to address scalability issues and has almost twice as many validators as the Ethereum mainnet.
- Developers can use the Sepolia testnet for dApp stress tests and smart contract experiments.
- Testnets are experimental networks that simulate cryptocurrency processes without real value transfer.
- Ethereum has previously used testnets like Ropsten, Rinkeby, and Goerli.
The article provides information about the sunset of Goerli and the introduction of Holesky, which seems to be a positive development for Ethereum and its developers.