Tired Of Fighting? FTX Crypto Exchange Goes On Settlement Spree | Bitcoinist.com
FTX lawyers have been making moves regarding lawsuits against crypto influencers and celebrities hired to promote the exchange....
- FTX, a crypto exchange, is settling lawsuits with crypto influencers and celebrities who promoted the exchange during its peak operations.
- Celebrities like Shaquille O’Neal, Tom Brady, Steph Curry, and Naomi Osaka were named as potential defendants in the lawsuit.
- Crypto YouTube influencers, including BitBoy Crypto (Ben Armstrong), Graham Stephan, Andrei Jikh, and Jaspreet Singh, were also named as defendants.
- Ben Armstrong has been dismissed from the lawsuit as he failed to respond to the allegations.
- NFL quarterback Trevor Lawrence, YouTubers Kevin Paffrath and Tom Nash have settled with FTX, but details of the settlements were not disclosed.
- FTX has received court approval to liquidate its crypto assets worth billions of dollars, leading to concerns about the impact on cryptocurrency prices.
- Former FTX CEO Sam Bankman-Fried is set to be tried in court on October 3 for eight charges, and he has been denied release prior to the trial.
The article provides a mix of positive and negative sentiment. Positive sentiment is reflected in FTX's progress in settling lawsuits and liquidating assets to recover funds. Negative sentiment arises from concerns about the impact on cryptocurrency prices and the upcoming trial of former CEO Sam Bankman-Fried.