FTT Explodes 35% on FTX Revival Idea
FTT jumped to a two-month high shortly after Ray shared details on the FTX reorganization strategy....
- The price of FTT, the native token of a cryptocurrency exchange, has surged by over 35% in the past 24 hours following the announcement of a reboot bidding process.
- The exchange has been on a downtrend since its demise in November.
- The CEO and Chief Restructuring Officer of FTX, John Ray, has confirmed the company's plan to reboot and has started soliciting interested parties for the reboot of the FTX.com exchange.
- The potential restart of the platform could be financed by investors, with blockchain lending company Figure being one of the interested entities.
- FTT has reacted positively to the rumors, reaching a two-month high of approximately $1.70.
- CEO Ray has received support for the plan to revive FTX, including from Tribe Capital, which considered leading a $250 million fundraising campaign.
- A court filing from last month outlined that the reorganization would include a bidding process.
- The new management team has criticized the former team for misusing client funds and has recovered around $7 billion in liquid assets so far.
The sentiment of the article is generally positive, as it discusses the potential reboot of the cryptocurrency exchange and the positive reaction of FTT's price to the rumors. However, it also highlights the mismanagement and misuse of client funds by the former management team.