Former SEC Chairman Alleges Misconduct By The Securities Regulator
Former SEC Chairman Jay Clayton recently indicated that the SEC was engaging in questionable conduct by litigating weak cases....
- Former SEC Chairman Jay Clayton criticized the securities regulator for engaging in questionable conduct that goes against the ethos of federal agencies.
- Clayton believes that federal agencies should only initiate cases that have a high chance of winning based on merit.
- Gemini co-founder Cameron Winklevoss accused the SEC of having a "deeply un-American ethos" under current chairman Gary Gensler and abusing its power.
- Jay Clayton specifically criticized the SEC's conduct in enforcement actions against crypto entities, stating that they file lawsuits for the sake of active litigation, even if they may lose.
- Crypto lawyer John Deaton highlighted that the judge overseeing the SEC's lawsuit against Ripple expressed similar concerns about the regulator's conduct.
The sentiment in the article is mostly negative, with criticism towards the SEC and its conduct under Chairman Gary Gensler.