Fidelity files for spot Ethereum ETF, trailing BlackRock's lead by two days
Fidelity Investments has filed for a spot Ethereum exchange-traded fund (ETF), as seen in a filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) on Nov. 17....
- Fidelity Investments has filed for a spot Ethereum exchange-traded fund (ETF) with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC).
- Cboe BZX has submitted a filing to list and trade shares of Fidelity's proposed fund.
- Fidelity's Ethereum ETF proposal is similar to its Bitcoin ETF proposal.
- BlackRock, Fidelity's main competitor, has also filed for spot Ethereum and Bitcoin ETFs.
- Other asset managers have pending applications for spot Bitcoin and Ethereum ETFs.
- The SEC is expected to make a decision on a Bitcoin ETF by Jan. 10, 2024, which could impact other pending applications.
- Approval of a Bitcoin ETF may pave the way for an Ethereum ETF.
- The SEC has approved futures ETFs for both Bitcoin and Ethereum.
The article provides information about Fidelity Investments filing for a spot Ethereum ETF, along with details about competing filings from BlackRock and other asset managers. The sentiment is neutral, presenting facts and expectations regarding the approval of ETFs by the SEC.