Blast's Early Access Generates $60 Million TVL: Exciting Launch or Potential Rug Pull?
Pacman, the founder of the NFT marketplace Blur, announced a new Ethereum Layer 2 project. Is an airdrop incoming?...
- Users are excited about the new Layer 2 protocol called Blast on the Ethereum network.
- Blast is an invitation-only platform that claims to be the only Ethereum Layer 2 with native yield for ETH and stablecoins.
- The project has received significant community interest and has raised $20 million from notable investors.
- Over 19,000 addresses have deposited funds to Blast, with nearly $60 million in total value locked (TVL).
- Airdrop hunting and the association with Pacman's project, Blur, have contributed to the hype.
- However, users who deposit assets on Blast cannot withdraw them until February 2024, raising concerns about locking funds and potential risks.
The sentiment towards the new Ethereum Layer 2 protocol, Blast, is generally positive, with users expressing excitement and interest in the project. However, there are concerns about the withdrawal restrictions and potential risks associated with locking funds on the platform.