Dogecoin (DOGE) Founder Talks About ‘OpenAI Coup’, Here's What He Expects Now
DOGE creator Billy Markus has commented on the recent shift in the OpenAI managing board...
- Billy Markus, one of the founders of Dogecoin, comments on the "OpenAI coup" where the CEO, Sam Altman, is replaced by CTO Mira Murati.
- Altman will remain part of the company, and the board has lost confidence in his leadership.
- OpenAI's president, Greg Brockman, steps down to support Altman.
- Ron Conway compares this situation to when Steve Jobs was fired from Apple in 1985.
- Brian Chesky offers support to Altman and Brockman, stating they will make a public statement.
- Elon Musk, who contributed to OpenAI in the past, criticizes ChatGPT and releases his own AI bot called Grok.
- Musk's bot is reported to have a sense of humor, unlike ChatGPT.
- Billy Markus sarcastically tweets about expecting a movie to be made based on the OpenAI story, referencing the collapse of FTX exchange and Amazon Studios' plans.
The sentiment in the article seems mixed. There is shock and sadness expressed by Sam Altman and Greg Brockman, support offered by Brian Chesky, criticism from Elon Musk and Billy Markus, and comparisons to past events like Steve Jobs' firing.