Microsoft Edge is testing a built-in crypto wallet
17 Mar 2023 8:55 PM
Microsoft is quietly testing a built-in crypto wallet for its Edge browser, as reported by software preservationist Albacore....
- Microsoft is testing a built-in crypto wallet for its Edge browser.
- The wallet's introductory pages do not specify which cryptocurrencies are supported.
- Leaked screenshots suggest that Ethereum, DAI, USDC, and USDT are supported.
- The wallet includes transaction integration with Coinbase and Moonpay.
- Other extension wallets can be supported through the settings panel.
- The wallet has an "explore" tab featuring crypto news stories.
- Microsoft says users of the wallet are "testers."
- Users must use their own crypto balance and Microsoft will not cover any lost funds.
- Further information is not available due to the project's confidential nature.
Go to publisher site
The article does not contain any overtly positive or negative language, but the fact that Microsoft is testing a crypto wallet for its browser could be seen as a positive development for the cryptocurrency industry.
What is Microsoft testing for its Edge browser?
Which cryptocurrencies are supported by the wallet?
What transaction integrations does the wallet have?
What is the "explore" tab in the wallet?
Will Microsoft cover any lost funds for users of the wallet?