Stealth QE: Feds balance sheet grows $300B, Bitcoin breaks $26,000
17 Mar 2023 9:28 AM
Fed balance sheet grows by $300 billion as fed discount window borrowing hits-all time high and BTC breaks $26,000....
- The global crypto market cap is $160.2 billion with a 24-hour volume of $303 billion.
- The price of Bitcoin is $26,074.74 and BTC market dominance is %.
- The price of Ethereum is $1,714.93 and ETH market dominance is %.
- Yield Farming is the best performing cryptoasset sector, gaining 10%.
- Shiba Inu's Shibarium testnet received accusations of being a ripped chain, sinking 7% in price in the last 24 hours.
- The Arbitrum ecosystem is pivoting into a decentralized autonomous organization (DAO) governed by the ARB token.
- Nic Carter said the U.S. banking crisis took us a step closer to CBDC adoption, while speculations continue to circulate.
- Coinbase and Binance both suspend USDC conversions until the dollar peg stabilizes, while BlockFi and Avalanche both reveal ties to SVB.
- Sandeep Nailwal sees a crypto landscape dominated by Ethereum and layer 2s interacting with the base chain.
- Brian Armstrong called on Congress to act fast on crypto regulation or risk losing ground to rival jurisdictions, including Hong Kong.
- Fed balance sheet grows by $300 billion as fed discount window borrowing hits all-time high and BTC breaks $26,000.
- Global balance sheets as a total have increased year-to-date, which includes China, Japan, Europe, and US.
- ECB raised the deposit facility rate from 2.5% to 3%.
- Bitcoin investors demand greater control with surge in self-custody withdrawals as significant BTC volume leaves markets.
- Credit Suisse borrowing up to 50 billion CHF from Swiss National Bank bailout as Credit Suisse shares plummeted over 20%.
Go to publisher site
The article provides a neutral tone, presenting various updates and developments in the cryptocurrency market without expressing any positive or negative sentiment.
What is the current global crypto market cap and 24-hour volume?
What is the price of Bitcoin and Ethereum, and their respective market dominance?
What is the best performing cryptoasset sector and its gain percentage?
What are the recent updates on USDC conversions and ties to SVB?
What are the recent developments in CBDC adoption and crypto regulation?