Crypto Lawyer Shares His Take On Ripple’ ODL XRP Sales
Crypto lawyer Bill Morgan believes that it is crucial to differentiate between XRP’s programmatic and ODL sales by Ripple. ...
- Bill Morgan, a popular crypto lawyer, has highlighted the controversy surrounding XRP sales to Ripple's ODL customers.
- He believes that the difference between XRP's programmatic and ODL sales is significant for the lawsuit.
- Morgan argues that XRP sales to ODL customers cannot be deemed investment contracts by the SEC.
- Ripple was not aware of the retail users of the programmatic sales, which were facilitated by market makers.
- Ripple paused programmatic sales after the SEC issued a warning in September 2019.
- Morgan believes that Ripple stuck to ODL sales due to the perceived risk associated with programmatic sales from a securities standpoint.
- He has previously stated that the SEC would have a tough time proving XRP is a security in relation to ODL sales.
The sentiment of the article is mostly neutral, with Bill Morgan presenting his analysis and opinions on the controversy surrounding XRP sales to Ripple's ODL customers.