Israel Seizes Crypto Accounts Linked To Iran’s Quds Force, Hezbollah | Bitcoinist.com
Israel recently seized millions of dollars worth of cryptocurrency in digital wallets allegedly linked to Iran’s Quds Force and Hezbollah, the Iran-backed...
- Israel has seized millions of dollars worth of cryptocurrency in digital wallets allegedly linked to Iran's Quds Force and Hezbollah.
- Cryptocurrencies are known for their anonymous nature and have been used by these groups to secretly move money around the globe and finance attacks.
- The seizure marks a step toward adequately tracking digital assets as this is the biggest seizure of cryptocurrency from these groups to date.
- Israel's Defense Minister, Yoav Gallant, noted that the Defense Ministry's division for economic warfare against terror was able to work with other security agencies in Israel to fight against funding terror with cryptocurrencies.
- Israel is relentless in its fight against groups it deems as terrorist organizations. One of these is seizing cryptocurrencies and digital wallets linked to these organizations.
The article reports on Israel's successful seizure of millions of dollars worth of cryptocurrency linked to Iran's Quds Force and Hezbollah. While the use of cryptocurrency by terrorist groups is a cause for concern, the article highlights Israel's efforts to combat this issue. Overall, the sentiment is neutral.