CoinEx Published FAQ on Recent Hack, Addresses Community Concerns
Top centralized exchange CoinEx answered questions regarding recent $70 million hack and future plans...
- CoinEx experienced a hack on September 12, resulting in the compromise of one of their hot wallets.
- Immediate actions were taken, including suspending deposits and withdrawals, transferring remaining assets to cold storage, and initiating investigations.
- CoinEx is working on rebuilding and deploying a new wallet architecture to enhance security.
- The CEO has expressed regret and reassured users that their funds will not be impacted.
- CoinEx released an FAQ addressing concerns about withdrawal restoration, compensation, and future security plans.
- Withdrawals will gradually resume once stringent security checks are passed.
- CoinEx operates independently from other product lines, so the incident will not impact them.
- The estimated loss from the hack is approximately $70 million.
- The identity of the attacker is still under investigation.
The article provides updates on CoinEx's response to a hack, highlighting their efforts to investigate, enhance security, and compensate affected users. The tone is informative and reassures users about the safety of their funds.