Coinbase's Legal Defense To Be Addressed By SEC On July 13
The U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission is set to provide its counterarguments in response to Coinbase's initial legal defence on July 13....
- The United States Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) is set to provide its counterarguments to Coinbase's initial legal defense on July 13.
- Coinbase agreed to the SEC's request for a three-business-day extension to prepare a response.
- Coinbase filed its initial response 40 days ahead of the original deadline, leading to the rescheduling of the hearing to an earlier date.
- The court converted the pre-trial conference to a pre-motion conference and moved it to July 13.
- Coinbase argues that the SEC does not have the authority to pursue civil claims against the company as the assets traded on its platform are not considered securities.
The article provides information about Coinbase's legal defense against the SEC, highlighting their strategy and the changes in the court proceedings. The sentiment is neutral, presenting the facts without expressing a positive or negative opinion.