Coinbase's Base Applies Security First Mindset Ahead of Mainnet Launch
The exact date for Base's mainnet launch has not been revealed yet....
- Coinbase's Layer 2 network, Base, is preparing for a mainnet launch, but the exact date has not been disclosed yet.
- Base has already met 4 out of 5 criteria for the upcoming event, with a focus on attracting developers and users on-chain.
- The security of Base and Optimism has been a top priority, with efforts to improve security over the past six months.
- Audits and reviews have been conducted on Optimism pre-deploys, contracts, key management setup, and contracts for Base.
- No critical severity bugs were found during the audits, boosting confidence for the mainnet launch.
- Coinbase is collaborating with Optimism on the development of its own Ethereum layer-2 network, with a mainnet launch planned for 2023.
- Base has introduced an open-source monitoring tool called Pessimism to detect anomalies and monitor account balances, contract events, and L1-L2 disparities.
Go to publisher site
The overall sentiment of the article is positive, highlighting the progress and efforts made by Coinbase and Base to ensure security and prepare for the mainnet launch.
You May Ask
What is the main goal of Base's mainnet launch?How has the security of Base and Optimism been improved over the past six months?What audits and reviews were conducted to ensure the security of Base?What is the collaboration between Coinbase and Optimism for the development of a layer-2 network?What is the purpose of the new monitoring tool, Pessimism, introduced by Base?