CME Group Set to Introduce ETH to BTC Ratio Future
The Chicago Mercantile Exchange (CME) Group has announced its plan to introduce Ether/Bitcoin ratio futures on July 31, pending regulatory...
- The Chicago Mercantile Exchange (CME) Group plans to introduce Ether/Bitcoin ratio futures on July 31, pending regulatory approval.
- Traders can speculate on the price movements between Ether and Bitcoin using this new product.
- The settlement of these futures contracts will be determined by dividing the final prices of Ether futures with the prices of Bitcoin futures.
- The Ether/Bitcoin ratio futures listing cycle will follow the same schedule as the existing Bitcoin and Ether futures contracts offered by CME Group.
- Traders can profit from the price fluctuations between these two cryptocurrencies by settling the trades in cash based on the difference between the contract price and the spot price at the time of settlement.
- Giovanni Vicioso, the global head of cryptocurrency products at CME Group, highlighted the potential trading opportunities between Ether and Bitcoin, noting that their market dynamics may have changed.
- Introducing Ether/Bitcoin ratio futures will allow investors to gain exposure to both cryptocurrencies in a single trade, eliminating the need for a directional perspective.
- CME Group has been expanding its cryptocurrency-related products and services, including Bitcoin futures, Ether futures, Micro Bitcoin futures, Micro Ether futures, and Euro-denominated Bitcoin and Ether futures.
- Coinbase, a US-based cryptocurrency exchange, also plans to offer futures contracts for Bitcoin and Ether to attract institutional investors.
The overall sentiment of the article is positive. It highlights the potential trading opportunities and benefits of introducing Ether/Bitcoin ratio futures, as well as the expansion of cryptocurrency-related products and services by CME Group and Coinbase.