ChatGPT Developer OpenAI Faces Class Action Lawsuit for Allegedly Collecting Personal Data
ChatGPT developer faces a lawsuit over alleged data theft. The lawsuit demands a halt to the commercial use of OpenAI's products....
- OpenAI, the developer of ChatGPT, is facing a class action lawsuit for allegedly misappropriating personal data.
- The lawsuit was filed on June 28 in a federal court in California.
- The lawsuit claims that OpenAI stole massive amounts of data from the internet without proper compensation and consent.
- Microsoft, a partner of OpenAI, is also named as a defendant in the lawsuit.
- This is not the first lawsuit that OpenAI and Microsoft are facing, as they were previously sued for monetizing open-source code without permission.
- The lawsuit asks for a suspension of commercial use of OpenAI's products.
- Lawmakers are currently examining the risks of AI and discussing regulations.
- The European Union has recently passed a landmark AI regulation.
The sentiment of the article is negative, as it discusses a class action lawsuit against OpenAI for alleged data misappropriation and the challenges faced by the company and Microsoft.