Canadian lawmakers publish recommendations in support of blockchain adoption
A committee of Canadian lawmakers has published a report soliciting the government to act on blockchain regulation....
- The Canadian House of Commons' Standing Committee on Industry and Technology has published a report on blockchain technology, with recommendations to support the blockchain and cryptocurrency industry.
- The report highlights the potential of blockchain technology to digitize unexplored sectors of the economy and create value.
- The committee recommends acknowledging blockchain as an emerging industry with economic and employment prospects.
- It suggests crafting a national blockchain strategy, reviewing consumer protection regulations, and protecting individuals' rights to self-custody digital assets.
- The committee also proposes a distinct regulatory approach to stablecoins and the need for educational initiatives and a sandbox environment for entrepreneurs.
The article portrays a positive sentiment towards Canada's comprehensive approach to blockchain and cryptocurrency regulation, positioning it as a beacon of regulatory clarity.