SEC Delays Decision on Global X Spot Bitcoin ETF
The move was expected and isn't having any immediate effect on the bitcoin price....
- The U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) has delayed the approval decision for Global X's spot bitcoin ETF application.
- The original deadline for the SEC to act on the application was November 21, but it has now been extended to February of next year.
- The delay was not unexpected, as few had anticipated any spot bitcoin ETF approvals this week.
- Bitcoin is currently trading at $36,450, showing a modest increase for the day.
- Another spot ETF application from Franklin Templeton is also awaiting action from the SEC this week.
- All deadline dates for an SEC decision on a spot bitcoin ETF have now been pushed into 2024.
The sentiment of the article is neutral. It simply reports the delay in the approval decision for Global X's spot bitcoin ETF application and provides information about the current trading price of Bitcoin.